We are opening a new Fall Priority deadline of November 15, 2013 for applications. Students who meet
this deadline will be considered before December 15th for early admissions.
Meeting this deadline is especially important for students who need to take foundation core
coursework, which is required prior to starting the MSBM program. Foundation core coursework
consists of 12 graduate UCF credit hours in the areas of accounting, economics, business statistics, and
finance. The program adviser will determine what foundation core coursework you may need after a
review of your official transcripts. All undergraduate business majors must have graduated from AACSB
Students who do not need foundation coursework may apply up through our Regular Fall Deadline of
January 15, 2014.
Welcome to the DeVos Sport Business Management Graduate Program at the University of Central Florida. Our comprehensive curriculum provides a unique, team-based, integrative business approach and a global sports network in a hands-on environment. The DeVos program offers students the opportunity to earn their Master's in Sports Business Management (MSBM) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA). Focusing on ethics, diversity, leadership and community service, the DeVos Program attracts some of the brightest and most committed students from across the country and across the globe.
We are proud of the work of our past and present students, and look forward to seeing what the newly admitted Class of 2015 will bring. Some of the major accomplishments of DeVos students are:
- We have gone from the newest program in 2002 to being named one of the top five programs in America by the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and ESPN the Magazine.
- In 2009, the DeVos Program was named the nation’s number one MBA program for service and leadership.
- The Class of 2008, in conjunction with the National Consortium for Academics and Sport, formed the Hope for Stanley Foundation, which is dedicated to help the survivors of Hurricane Katrina rebuild their homes and lives in New Orleans. DeVos students have spent 37 weeks helping to rebuild more than 50 homes in New Orleans.
- The trip for the Class of 2013 was to Chicago, Illinois, where our students met with executives from the Paragon Marketing Group, Big Ten Conference Office, University of Notre Dame, Chicago Fire, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Cubs. Previous class trips have been to Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta and Boston. The class of 2014 went to New York in September 2013 where we met with the NBA, NFL, MLS, St. John's University Athletics, the NY Mets and ESPN.
- It was announced in 2012 that Donna Orender, Judy Sweet and Dan Guerrero had become senior associate director of the DeVos Program. Orender is the former president of the WNBA. Sweet was the first woman to be an athletics director at a DI school and the first woman to be NCAA president. Guerrero is athletics director at UCLA. In 2013, Floyd Keith, the former director of the Black Coaches and Administrators, joined this prestigious group.
- In 2013, Tony Schiller, a co-founder of Paragon Marketing Group, became the chair of the DeVos National Advisory Board.
- It was announced in 2013 the there would be an ESPN Executive in Residence Program in which a senior executive from ESPN would spend up to one month in residence each year at the DeVos Program.
- The Sport Business Management Minor is the third-largest minor within the College of Business Administration.
DeVos students and graduates are business leaders committed to using the power of sport to improve life in a more-inclusive society. The program is the premier "living classroom" in sports business management education.
We are excited to have C. Keith Harrison, Ed.D., Prof. Scott Bukstein, and Michael Redlick as leaders on the DeVos team. Harrison is an associate professor in the DeVos Sport Business Management Graduate Program; Bukstein is an instructor and program coordinator. Redlick serves as director of external affairs and corporate partnerships.
We hope that you will visit the DeVos website and check for updates on our program, our students, and our accomplishments.
Richard E. Lapchick
Endowed Chair and Director