Our Export Marketing Plan Services will position your company for GROWTH
Enterprise Florida and the Florida Small Business Development Center Network, in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Commercial Service, are excited to announce a scholarship to assist qualified Florida "new-to-export" manufacturers and services providers to identify overseas growth strategies through the development of a customized Export Marketing Plan.
- Over 95% of the world's customers are located beyond U.S. borders.
- Exporters realize higher employment growth than non-exporters.
- Most companies that export have an easier time riding out fluctuations in the U.S. economy and are more likely to stay in business.
- Export wages are typically 13–18% higher than non-export wages.
Applications are now being accepted for the Export Marketing Plan Services. The program is targeted to companies that are new to export. Interested businesses are required to submit a fully completed online application. The applicant must be willing to supply the Florida SBDC with current financial information and business history. Upon receipt of the application and verification of eligibility, the Florida SBDC Certified Business Analyst (CBA) will contact you to schedule a consultation appointment. You will meet with the CBA who will conduct a confidential, in-depth business assessment. The CBA will prepare and provide your company with a customized Export Marketing Plan.
- Florida manufacturers and professional services providers only
- Products must be produced in the state of Florida or services must be provided from a Florida location
- Company’s products must be at least 51% Florida content
- New-to-export or infrequent exporters preferred
- Minimum of three years in business
- Five or more full-time employees
- $500,000 to $10 million in annual sales
- Company must meet SBA's small business standards
- Other SBA criteria apply
Cost to Qualifying Company - $500
The cost for preparation of an Export Marketing Plan is $3,000. Qualifying companies are eligible for a $2,500 scholarship, making the cost to your company $500.
Upon acceptance of the Export Marketing Plan, each company will be expected to complete a Gold Key Matchmaker with the U.S. Commercial Service in a market recommended in the Export Marketing Plan. Participants will receive a reimbursable Gold Key grant from Enterprise Florida to cover the cost of one single standalone Gold Key, which must be completed by February 28, 2014
Begin your application now by clicking on the "APPLY HERE" link below. In order to properly evaluate your eligibility, the form must be completely filled out for it to process.
The Export Marketing Plan Services are funded in part through a grant award with the U.S. Small Business Administration and provided in cooperation with Enterprise Florida, Inc., the Florida SBDC Network, the U.S. Commercial Service, the Florida Chamber of Commerce and the Manufacturing Association of Florida.
Download Export Marketing Services Flyer