Welcome to the Department of Marketing website! The following paragraphs provide a thumbnail sketch of what marketing is about and the programs our department offers for UCF students.
UCF Stands For Opportunity, and similarly we believe that "Marketing is where Opportunity begins!"
Marketing is vitally important to all organizations and individuals, from corporations to small businesses, from CEOs to the proprietors of small retail stores, from global manufacturing operations to a new "high tech" startup. Nearly one-third of the civilian work force in the United States is employed in work related to marketing.
Interesting and challenging career opportunities are available, such as professional selling, retailing, advertising, e-business, market research, sport marketing, distribution and logistics, and purchasing. In addition, students with marketing degrees may find excellent job prospects in international markets. Marketing career opportunities also exist in a variety of non-business organizations, including hospitals, museums, universities, government, and social service agencies.
You will find much more information about our programs and faculty on this Web site.
The primary focus of marketing is on customers...we consider you to be our customers and prospective customers, and we work hard to provide the best marketing education available anywhere. Here is a brief list of reasons why you will want to consider studying marketing at UCF.
Why Study Marketing?
- Marketing is central to the success of all firms.
- Strategically, marketing is the function in all organizations with the responsibility for creating satisfied customers.
- Marketing knowledge, skills, and experience are always in demand.
- Marketing offers a wide variety of career paths that are creative, challenging and rewarding-career progression can be very fast.
- Marketing positions involve a multitude of interesting activities, including promotion, product/service development, distribution, pricing, and customer service-you will not be bored!
- UCF's marketing curriculum is structured to provide a strong foundation in marketing concepts, but also is flexible enough to let you choose courses in career areas of interest.
- The Department of Marketing offers a general marketing program, as well as a sales track (competitive entry).
- Faculty members in UCF's Department of Marketing are among the best instructors on campus.
- The department receives high satisfaction ratings from students for its comprehensive course schedule each term-you can finish!
- Opportunities abound in internships, honors-in-the-major, and student organizations (for example, The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), the Ad Club, and the Sales Club).