Current Curriculum Vita
- Rutgers University, Ph.D., Economics, 1987.
- Rutgers University, M.A., Economics, 1984.
- Rutgers University, M.B.A., 1980.
- Cornell University, B. S., Agricultural Economics, 1977.
- 1987-Present -- Associate Professor, Department of Economics University of Central Florida
- 1984-1987 -- Research Associate, Bureau of Economic Research Disability and Health Economics Section Rutgers University
- 1984-1987 -- Visiting Part-time Lecturer, Department of Economics Rutgers University
Research and Teaching Interests
- Labor Economics, Health Economics, Economics of Disability, Econometrics, Applied Microeconomics.
- "Vocational Rehabilitation Outcome Measures: The Probability of Employment and the Duration of Periods of Employment." American Rehabilitation, Spring 1991, pp. 10-14.
- "Alternative Measures to Evaluate the Impact of Vocational Rehabilitation Services." Rehabilitation Counselling Bulletin. Vol 34:1, September 1990, pp. 33-43.
Chapters in Books
- "The Vocational Rehabilitation Data Base and Estimation of Benefit-Cost Ratios." in Measuring the Efficiency of Public Programs: Costs and Benefits in Vocational Rehabilitation. ed. by M. Berkowitz, Temple University Press, 1988, pp. 74-118.
- "Correcting for Zero Earnings at Referral" in Measuring the Efficiency of Public Programs: Costs and Benefits in Vocational Rehabilitation. ed. by M. Berkowitz, Temple University Press, 1988, pp. 119-138. With A. Hall-Kane
Funded Research Reports
- "The Impact of Vocational Rehabilitation Services on Underemployment: A Stochastic Frontiers Approach." Final Report, University of Central Florida DSR Project No. 13-22-917, May 1992. With Richard Hofler.
- "Poverty Admist Plenty: The Economic Status of Disadvantaged Blacks and Hispanics in the Orlando MSA.U A Report Prepared for the City of Orlando, October 1988. With B. Rungeling and W. McHone
- "The Impact of Vocational Rehabilitation: Changes in the Duration of Employment Spells", in Enhanced Understanding of the Economics of Disability, NIDRR Research Project No. 133AH30005, June, 1988.
- "Simple Benefit-Cost Ratios", in Analysis of the Costs and Benefits of Rehabilitation, Department of Education, Contract No. 300-84-0259, December, 1985.
- "Benefit-Cost Ratios Using Multivariate Analysis", in Analysis of the Costs and Benefits of Rehabilitation, Department of Education, Contract No. 300-84-0259, December, 1985.
- "The R-300 Data Set", in Analysis of the Costs and Benefits of Rehabilitation, Department of Education, Contract No. 300-84-0259, December, 1985.
- "Setting the Climate For Creativity: Reflections From the Classroom." Proceedings from the 6th Annual Creativity Innovation and Entrepreneurship Conference, March, 1989. With George E. Stevens
Selected Papers Presented
- "Factors in Plant Closing Decisions: Evidence From New York State." Presented paper, The 29th Meeting of the Southern Regional Science Association, Washington, D.C., March, 1990.
- "Evaluating the Success of Vocational Rehabilitation Services by Examining the Duration of Work and Nonwork Spells." Presented paper, The 59th Conference of the Southern Economic Association, Orlando, Florida, November, 1989.
- "Alternative Measures to Evaluate the Impact of Vocational Rehabilitation Services." Presented paper, The 58th Conference of the Southern Economics Association, San Antonio, Texas, November, 1988.
Awards and Fellowships
- Teaching Incentive Program Award, 1994
- College of Business Faculty Research Grant, 1990-91, 1991-92.
- University Research Council In-House Research Award, 1989-90.
- McKnight Junior Faculty Development Fellowship, 1989-90.
- American Economics Association
- Southern Economics Association
- Southern Regional Science Association
- Referee: Journal of Economics, 1988 - present.
- Columnist: Orlando Business Journal, 1988 - 1989.
- Coordinator: College of Business Administration Summer Career Exploration Module, 1991 - 1992.
Last Updated: Thursday, September 23, 2010.